Sunday, December 9, 2012

The End of Senior Seminar

My career plan seems unlike most others in this program.  My career does not involve aviation, and the future of my career may not either.  I love aviation, and I have worked on this degree to explore new interests.  I plan to work part time as a flight instructor one day, and I am always open to new opportunities.  This plan has not changed during senior seminar.

This class has been fun and interesting.   The guest speakers have brought a sense of reality to our classroom environment.  The blog topics have discussed topics that have been well covered over the years, but it was great reading the responses from classmates.  We have a great group of intelligent students, and it is rewarding to read what others have to say.  The most interesting blog topic for me was the response to the article "How Can We Compete - 7+ Ways To Level The Playing Field."  I enjoy the business side of the discussion, I wish we spent more time on that topic.  The least interesting blog topic was either the discussion about China, or the NPRM that will make changes because of the Buffalo New York accident.  Some of the blog topics have been thoroughly covered in other classes, which makes them less exciting to cover again.

There were two guest speakers I retained the most from.  Mark Johnson gave a great presentation over material that I relate to the most.  I have been involved in business for most of my career, and I would enjoy the career that he has.
The second guest speaker(s) that I retained the most from was the FAA air traffic controller(s).  It was fun to hear about the aviation world from her perspective.  I look forward to a tour of their facility.

I'm not sure what my plans are for professional development after graduation.  Although my required classroom classes are now finished, I have a lot of flight training to finish before I graduate.  I MIGHT begin working on a Master's program, or more likely, I will continue to work hard in my existing career.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your perspective as it sounds that you are someone who is pursuing this out of pure interest rather than career motivations. This is a great position as it will give you a lot of freedom in your path. Best of luck finishing your flight ratings!

    ReplyDelete